Victoria Alejandra Bejar

Born: July 6th, 2010
Weight: 8 lbs 5.2 oz
Time: 11:50 A.M.

Our little blond hair blue eyed princess was born after
a little over eight hours of labor. My contractions began
after three in the morning and I stayed in bed until about
8:30 AM. As soon as I got up they started getting close, 2-5 min
apart, so I was moving at a slow pace. Angel and Stephen took
a shower and he got Stephen ready to go to grandma's. I called
my sister Veronica, to leave work and meet us at the hospital.

When Angel took Stephen to mom's I knew I did not have much
time before I had to go to the hospital. I did not feel like taking a
shower, but really wanted one, so I jumped in really quick to
wash my hair. When Angel got back he though we still had time
since I was in labor with Stephen for 23 hours. He started taking
out the trash when I called him to come and help me get things
together because we had to leave soon. He realized I had not ate
and asked if I wanted to stop to get something. I told him we were
going to have to eat Peanut butter and Jelly sandwiches because
there was no time to stop for anything. The ride to the hospital
was not comfortable at all, I could feel every bump on the road.

We got to the hospital and I walked in. The lady at the font desk
asked if I wanted a wheel chair since I had stopped at mid lobby
to have a contraction. I told her I would be fine and proceeded
to the elevator. I guess I did not realize just how far labor and
delivery really was. A nurse stopped me and put me in a wheel
chair and wheeled me down to the next station. They asked me
a few questions and took me to the triash room. The gal who
took me in appeared to be new. When I asked her if I needed
to change into a gown she said she did not know, but I did so
I got into one without being asked to by anyone.

The nurses were in no hurry to check me, so I asked my sister
to tell them that I thought the baby was coming soon. When a
nurse finally came in to check me an realized that I was
already dilated to 8 cm she immediately said we had to
transfer rooms. I was fortunate enough to get their "natural
birthing room" that has the jacuzzi again; even though I had no
time to use it this time around. Victoria was born in the same
room Stephen was, 17 months apart to the day, on her actual
due date (which only occurs 11% of the time). After being in
the room for a little while I told the nurse I was ready to push.
They called the doctor in and she said okay when ever you are
ready. We waited about five more minutes before I got
another contraction.
Angel was sitting on the side of the jacuzzi adjacent to my
bed thinking I was going to be pushing for a while, when he
hears the doctor say hold her leg. He gets up to look and
Victoria was out after just one push. I made it to the hospital
just in time. Got there at 11:00 AM and Victoria was born at
11:50 AM. Glad that I was also able to have a 100% natural birth
with Victoria the way I did with Stephen.

Proud Daddy!

Happy Brother and Momma!

Stephen was all smiles when he saw his baby sister...

And the smiles continued...

He just could not get enough of her, he wanted to hold her...

As soon as he did he started rocking her...

And of course there were a lot of kisses.

My sister Veronica was a huge help throughout the whole time
at the hospital, she informed the nurses of everything I needed.

Cousin Yasmine has become a protective big sister. She
becomes jealous and does not like for just anyone to hold her.

After her first bath. Even though her hair is wet you can see
her golden blond hair. Too bad there is not a picture that
shows her blue eyes. There is light hair and colored eyes
on both sides of the family, so we shall see if they stay.
After she was born they put her in this warm bed across
the room. I glanced over as she opened her light clear blue
eyes, which took me by surprise. They have now gotten more
of a darker blue. Angel says he needs a paternity test, ha ha.
My mother-in-law says that Angel actually had very light hair
when he was born as well. I had hoped that Stephen would be
born with light hair and colored eyes, but he was not. I did not
think too much of Victoria's eye or hair color. I just hoped she
would have curly hair and it appears that she will. When I
was pregnant I looked forward to combing her curly hair
and putting a bow in it.

Here she is with her first bow.

I love you precious little girl!

This was her going home outfit.

She has long arms, fingers and nail beds. I am going
to have fun painting her nails.

Cute ruffled socks covering her long toes.

Right before leaving the hospital.

So happy and thankful to God for blessing us with a
precious and perfect daughter. We could not be happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment