Christmas in San Antonio

My mom had mentioned to Angel how nice it would be to
go to San Antonio to see the Christmas lights on the
River Walk. Angel said why don't we come back
from Mexico a day early and stop in San
Antonio to see them, so we did.

We left Mexico Christmas day and got to San Antonio
late that afternoon. The kids did great in the car.

But we sure were in for a rude awakening. The weather in
Mexico was nice and warm (70s). I actually packed too warm
for Mexico's weather, but not San Antonio's. It must
have been in the 30s with a wind shield in the 20s

This island was decorated very nicely.

Looking up at the lights.

Stephen had many layers, but he could have
used a thicker jacket and some gloves.

Stephen spend most of the time looking out
or down into the water as you see in this picture.

One of the bridges and some of the lights.


They say it takes three months to put up the lights. They
are up for about two months and then it takes them
another three months to take them down.

We had a nice time, but I can tell you this. The next
time we go to San Antonio it will not be winter. I
like to enjoy my walks along the River Walk and
eat in outdoor patios. Most restaurants do have
heaters, but I would rather skip the cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment