Stephen attended swim lessons two weeks ago and
his first day did not go as we expected.
Here's Stephen checking out the pool before his class started.
Still waiting... I did not get any pictures of his first day in the
water because all he did the whole time was cry and of course
he wanted to come with me since I was out of the water. I sat
at the edge of the water in hopes that he would be better , but
no luck he continued to cry and kept wanting to come with me.
Here he is leaving the first day, still not sure of all the noise
and people in the natatorium. I decided not to go his second
and third day so he did not see me and want to get out. He
cried for a little bit his second day, but then he was fine.
Here he is being his happy self on the fourth day I went.
Here is one of the videos I took that day. I was so proud of him.
When I asked Angel how he did the second and third day he
said Stephen did not do much, but he was kicking, moving
his arms and had even gone under water on the fourth day.
Even though this video does not capture his best under
water attempt since he took in some water, I was still a
proud mama. He was also suppose to jump into
the pool, but he was never able to do that.
Instead he would sit down and slip in.
One of the other mothers who attended the first day but not
the other two said it was like if he was a different child.
Here he is on his last day.
Walking into the pool with daddy.
Swimming like a dolphin.
Big smiles!
The board was not part of the lesson, but Stephen enjoyed
playing with it and floating on it.
Daddy loving on Stephen in the pool.
On the last day Stephen was passed from the instructor to
Angel under water so Stephen could get a feel for how
it is to swim underwater.
I did not get a video of the first
times he did it but he came up with a smile each time.
Having fun!
I hope you are able to play these videos because they
were not playing for me.
Walking out of the pool the last day. Overall the whole
week was a success. These classes were meant to teach
him a few techniques but over all it was meant to introduce
him to swimming. I am sure if we spent more time in the pool
he would actually learn how to swim with a flotation device, but
we won't be spending too much time this summer in the pool with
me being so pregnant and about to give birth to our little princess.


No comments:
Post a Comment