We had a Paris theme birthday party.
The banners said Happy Birthday Victoria
This is what the invitation looked like.
This was the outside of the envelope and passport holder.
This is how it looked once they opened it.
I had a boarding pass for each child with their name on it.
The drinks
The Food
I was originally going to have pink lemonade, but then
I tasted this yummy Strawberry Orchata (rice water).
Some of the sweets.
The entry table had the party bags and party hats.
Stephen being silly
I had Eiffel Tower cookies made as party favors.
I love the way they came out. Thank you Monica
for allowing us to use your new cookie cutter.
Here are the rest of the sweets. I had originally planned to
have the Eiffel Tower (two pictures below) on top of the
cake, but the base of the tower was too big for the top
of the cake. I was a bit disappointed to not be able
to use it as a cake topper, but it worked well
as a center piece on one of the tables.
This is the Eiffel Tower I wanted to use on the cake.
The kids made a poodle craft.
They chose a pink or black poodle and glued on the
eye, nose, collar and a pink and white coat...
and they played pin the monogram "V"
on top of the Eiffel Tower
This was Victoria's initial outfit. Sorry I did
not get a better picture of her in it.
Kids getting ready to listen to a story Everybody Bonjours
a book about Paris that taught the kids a few French words.
My sister was nice enough to read the book to the kids.
Here is the pinata and outfit number two. Our friend Jackie
arrived and said I had to open her gift. This was one of the
outfits she got Victoria. You will be able to see it closer
in the pictures that follow. It has a poodle and the
Eiffel Tower on the skirt of the dress.
Kids gathering candies from the Pinata. Luckily we have the
space to do it inside because it was too hot to do it outside.
The Birthday Girl
Victoria with her friend Camilla.
Opening Gifts
Victoria started getting tired.
"It's my party and I'll cry if I want to, cry if I want to..."
She was very tired and had a bit of a breakdown.
It did not last too long and she was able to open her last gift.
Tio Monico, Tia Berta and Vivian traveled from CA
for the party. They gave her this cool school
bus slide that the kids loved.
Time for the cake
Singing Happy Birthday
Blowing out the candle.
Eating her birthday cake.
My cousin Alba, next to me, and her family came from
Houston to the party. We were also fortunate to
have my grandma in town for the party.
Grandma with a few of her great-grand children.
Victoria woke up in the middle of the night last week and
I went into her room and picked her up. I sat in the chair
and cradled her in my arms and she rested her head near
my shoulder. I love that feeling and I remind myself to
take it all in because before I know it she will be too
big for me to hold her that way. We love you so
much sweet Princess, you bring
great joy to our hearts!














No comments:
Post a Comment