Gymberee Play & Music


Stephen loves Gymboree. He got really excited this Saturday
when I drove up to park and he saw where we were.
They had African music for three classes.


They had three big tribal drums that the kids played at
the beginning of class. I was sad I missed taking a picture of them.

Stephen sits and follows most directions considering that he is only
21 months and attending Music III (28 months - 5 years).
Music II (16 months - 28 months) at 10:30 a.m. was full so
we first attended the Family music (6 mos- 5 years) at 12:30.
The second Saturday we attended we were going to the Arboretum,
so I asked if we could attend music III at 9:30 a.m.

After class the teacher said he did great and that you
could tell that he really loves music. She then said why don't
you bring him next week to this class; he has been attending
music III ever since. The only down side is that it starts at 9:30 on
a Saturday of all days, and those who know me well know I am
not a morning person, but I am making the sacrifice.

The object here was for the kids to put the plastic frog on the ...

picture of a real frog once the music stopped.

Towards the end of every class Teacher Linda pours out a bin
of different instruments for the kids to play and explore...

Well Stephen spends most (all) of his time drumming.


Most kids explore different instruments for their intended use,
well Stephen mostly finds instruments to play as a drum.



Swaying to the music with scarfs.

Up and down...

Front and back

What Stephen does best during free play.

Finds things to drum on.

We skipped our second class when we went to Houston so
to make it up we attended a play and learn
class after Stephen's music class.

They had an obstacle course the kids went through.



They talked about different types of trees that session...

Then the kids went out and gathered the leaves...

and brought them to the instructor. Stephen enjoyed it.


The kids then went up a ramp...

and did a somersault on the other side.

I obviously could not take a picture of Stephen doing a
somersault since I had to assist him. This is him after.

He went a few times.


The instructor then took out the parachute and the parents
helped make a dome out of it and we all got inside.


The kids really enjoyed it.


After class Stephen went a few more times through the obstacle course.









This is the waiting area kids can play at before or after class.



Making friends

Towards the end of every music class the teacher
shows the kids pictures of music notes.

The kids name them together...

and then then they identify them.

Doesn't he look like a good student :)


Great fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment